Hi there, I’m Lucy. If you’ve visited my blog, witch-watch before, you will know that this is where I write all about my hunt for the witch of Ballyyahoo. If this is your first time visiting, the best place to start reading is right here – from the beginning.
THE STORY SO FAR…
I heard that there is a witch on the loose in Ballyyahoo and that the witch might just turn out to be someone I know – a woman called Biddy. She doesn’t know it, but I’ve been following her, trying to find out if she really is a witch. But then something awful happened to Raggy-Rabbit.
The Raggy-Rabbit belongs to Miss Parrot and when she had to go away she got me to mind him. Then one day I went up to Miss Parrot’s house to feed him and he was gone!
I want to be a detective when I grow up so I have been carrying out an investigation and so far there are three main suspects:
2.THE RAGGY RABBIT’S COUNTRY COUSINS
I have already investigated the Far-Away-Fox and The Raggy Rabbit’s country cousins and so far I haven’t found anything that points to them.
So now I am investigating Biddy, the woman who might, or might not, be a witch!
As you know, I have been following her since Maggie-Many-Cats showed me a lizard her cats brought home. The lizard had no tail and Maggie said Biddy probably cut it off – to make a witch’s stew!
I also know for a fact that Biddy did buy minced hearts in the shop!!!!! That’s suspicious! Isn’t it?
I wondered if maybe Raggy had been captured and added to a stew. I hoped not. I had been really hoping that if Biddy turned out to be a witch that she would be a good witch. Poor Raggy! Poor Miss Parrot too. She’d be heartbroken if anything happened to Raggy.
I had to find out the truth so I decided to work really hard and carry out an extra specially careful investigation.
CAREFUL INVESTIGATION OF BIDDY
- I sniffed the air around Biddy’s house for suspicious smells of rabbit stew.
- Followed her daily for signs of her gathering slugs, snails, nettles, lizards or any other objects that could be made into a witch’s brew or stew.
- Carried out extensive research in the mobile library to see if witches were known to kidnap rabbits until Mister Bukend threw me out so he could go home, because Mrs. Bukend was making chips and egg for his tea and he wasn’t going to let his favourite meal be spoiled because some eejity kid had witches on the brain.
- Attempted interrogation of Maggie-Many-Cats to see if she had any further proof of witches in Ballyyahoo.
- No evidence of Raggy ending up in a witch’s brew, or stew.
- Thorough interrogation of Maggie-Many-Cats failed – due to her being busy with her cats and not being in mood for talking to eejity young-ones at that time of day.
A WITCH’S WHISPER – GOOD OR BAD?
I have to admit I ran out of things to investigate. I had even searched high and low in the Witchy Woods and I was beginning to think I’d never get to the bottom of the mystery. Then something really, really strange happened. It happened the next day. I was searching for Raggy down in the daisy field.
I got that uggy feeling again. Then I heard something. I couldn’t make out what it was because it wasn’t a loud sound, but a sound so quiet and low I thought it was a whisper. A witch’s whisper. An evil witch’s whisper. I looked across the field to see where the whisper came from and that’s when I saw it.
Or, if you want to start reading from the very beginning, you can click here on witch-watch.